To change your Admin Panel access details, please, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Admin Panel using your Login and password
- Go to Advanced content editing -> Settings-> system Options-> User access-> Site Users-> Administrator
- Change username and/or password and Save the element.
You may also watch this tutorial http://www.site2you.com/help/10/How-to-change-admin-password.html Make sure that you use new access details next time you log in to your Admin Panel.If you forgot your password or username, you may always contact our Support Team via Live chat on www.site2you.com
Q: What are "the Keys" mean in front of the if I go to Advanced Content Editing -> Infoboxes Preferences.
Turnkey’s Admin Panel allows you to create as many users for your website as you want. They may create, edit or update any information on the site. “Keys” mean that only Administrator can work on the Infobox. You as an Administrator have all the rights to allow or prohibit the access to some information.
“Advanced Content Editing” - You may use this section for more sophisticated and organized changes for your site.
To get a short description of each of the blocks placed here, please, follow the way:
Admin Panel-> Advanced Content Editing1. Content
Static Content2. Pages
Admin Panel-> Advanced content editing-> Content-> Static Content
- Company name – change the name displayed on the main page of your sitePages content
- Contact form – you may change the configuration, names of the fields or add more fields
- Copyright- change the copyright for your site (text is placed on the very bottom of your site)
- Site Menu – allows you to change the names of the Menu buttons or switch them from Main menu to sub-positions (Better to edit in Edit content mode!)
- Slogan – change the slogan
- Welcome text – is originally placed on Home –Main page of your site. Type your Welcome text.
Admin Panel-> Advanced content editing-> Content-> Pages Content
Contain all of the blocks and infoboxes that might be found or added to any of the site pages.
We would recommend changing the content-texts in Edit content mode.
Here you may change
- Google Map – Enter the address of your office, company location.
- Google Video – You may add the new video code from Google Video
- MP3 player – You may add your own composition or other media files that you want to be played on the site
- Pages texts – You may add the specific pages texts or just Edit the current ones (in Edit content mode page by page)
- Pay Pal product list – Add the products and details here
- Photo Gallery – you may add your own images if you plan to use this feature
- Product List – Regular product/services list, that does not contain Payment buttons
- RSS Feed – You may add the codes for the News feeds if you want to use them on your site
- Site News – Edit the current news or add more, usually they are displayed on the Main-Home page and the special page for News
- Site Partner’s – Edit the list of partners or the Useful links (they are usually displayed on Partner’s page but may be placed on any other page if you prefer )
- Site Polls – Modify the default question and edit or add your answers for the poll.
- Stored Video- Your video that does not have any of the labels. Usually uploaded via FTP
- Testimonials – A regular testimonials box, may be edited or modified for other purposes than client’s opinion
- Work Team – The list of leaders of your company. Upload the images, edit the details and the names (Usually displayed on Our Team page)
- Yahoo Video – you may add the codes of the videos from Yahoo Video
- YouTube Video- you may add the codes of the videos from YouTube and display them on your site
Admin Panel-> Advanced content editing-> Pages-> Work with Pages
Contain the list of all of the pages that you have on the site either linked through the buttons or not displayed on the site yet.3. Settings
The other way to get the list of all the pages is Admin Panel->Edit page layout->Go to page-> See the pages
Admin Panel-> Advanced content editing->Settings-> System Options
- Images presents – shows the list of the page Headers or other headers on the sites and their settings (better to change the settings in Edit content mode!)4. Support Site tickets
- Languages- currently have only one default language
- Mail management – this menu is active only if you are a Member. You may create, add or modify the email addresses connected to your domain name
- Project fonts – contains the list of the fonts used throughout the site. you may upload your specific font but mind that not all of the fonts are displayed correct in different browsers.
- Site configuration – Allows you to change the Site name, Default HTML page title, Meta page description, Default Meta page Key words or the scripts for Tracking Systems, like Google Analytics
- User Access – Configure user access and manage the access details if you have password protected areas or pages on the site
Infoboxes Preferences - is purely Admin’s and webmasters section
Admin Panel-> Advanced content editing->Support-> Site tickets
Gives you the list of all of the tickets submitted or allows you to create a new ticket with the request for the webmasters. Here you may see the button for Live Help chat as well.
The Edit content button switches you to the Edit mode. All of the editable elements have the dashed highlighted frame around them if you hover your mouse over them. Double click on any of the content boxes or site elements will take you to the Editing frame for each particular element. You may edit the content, including the images, add new elements or delete some of them. Please, note, that deleting the elements or parts of the content in Edit content mode will result in getting your content permanently erased from the page and the internal system of your website. If you want to remove some of the elements from a particular page, please, make sure that you perform this in Edit page layout mode.
Edit page layout tab- is used for managing page layouts, creating new pages or changing their properties and adding new blocks to the pages. You may delete any of the blocks that are placed on each particular page. In this case you save the content but just delete it from this particular page. All of the information deleted in Edit page layout mode can be found in the system later if you wish.
Q: When I try to Add New Element there is Infobox element access. If I set up access for some of the users where will this information be saved?
95% of all the content is saved in the database of your site and if you set up Infobox element access, this element won’t be displayed for non- registered users. Only logged in users will be able to see this element on the site.